Monday, October 24, 2011

Malachi and Copernicus Rise Again

Monday mornin- "Dude I'm dropping my math class. Wanna go to Salt Lake for a concert?" Queer asks. "Yup." I say.

As always, we go on spur of the moment, Queer and I. No trip is ever really planned. If we talk about it and try to plan it, it won't happen like most things people talk about anymore.  We were supposed to leave that night, but I had night duty in my residence hall which I skipped anyway due to sleep deprivation. Woke at about 1:30am and saw if he was still awake. He was.  Messaged my boss to approve the future night absence. Approved.  Got that Asian out of bed to see if he was up for an adventure to his home town, and off we were at approximately 3:00.

We arrived at about noon, mostly alive save the panic attacks from Queers maniac driving. That mixed in with some ginger hype no one quite understands makes for a dangerous time.  Oh what fun I say!  We drove around a bit, looking at the mansions of the snooties built on the side of the mountains, looking at their view from the streets we drove. 

Lucky. Unnecessarily lucky.

Checked out the town a bit, located the venue, and visited the Asian's brother. We'll call him Blondie. (Just the streak in his hair folks... struck me as odd.) Watched his friend play Portal until we decided to hit up the movies.... I'm glad it was only a buck each.  Thirty Minutes or Less was NOT worth it, even if you are a huge Jesse Eisenberg fan.

After that, a bit more time to kill.  More mansions, streets, sun and wind... and hunger.  Damn Asian. You have to feed that thing hourly. Like a garbage disposal! Just... EVERYTHING in it's path. Beware. So we om nom nom'ed and went to the venue.  Lost driving around the same block three times some how, but we finally found it again.  "HE JUST HANDED THAT MAN COCAINE!"

Seriously! The guys, acting all big city suave, told me to hush hush about it, saying it's normal.
Look you two, none of us are from the small town- remember that.  But how desensitized are you when a man hands over a baggie of powder in broad daylight, and you find no amusement? Tisk tisk hehe. Seriously though. On the street. A busy street. Perhaps these small town po po should move to a bigger city where there's real trouble and stop giving me damn warnings for loitering. WHILE WALKING. Another story, another day.

Queer was stoked- had been waiting since he graduated to see them- The Sounds.  The lead singer, a lovely Swedish lady, is what catches his fancy. Ironic, I know.  Immediately after walking in, the piss hits us all- after coming out, queer states eagerly he'd just shaken hands with someone who might not have washed his hands and took a piss right before hand.  "I know he's on something. I made a friend."  I chuckled a little, looking over at Asian to see him nodding matter-of-factly.  The bass was booming in the whole place. I hate concerts like that only because it makes me jealous and think my awesome bass in my car is nothing comparable.  MMmmm. Bass. 

The first group was dank- Kids at the Bar.  Just a couple of DJs rockin it out, getting our ears ready.  Then The Limousines, a band I took a particular liking to and was so inclined as to buying a cd.  Then the moment Queer waited for so long.  The moment he'd shat himself about when he found out we were to go.  The Sounds stepped out all glorious in the fog machine.  Everyone jumped and screamed, and to me, for a moment, it was like there was no one else in the room.  Just me.  Just bass and loud music. He took a million pictures.  "I have to get closer." He said, looking at me with puppy concern.  "Get up there." I smiled, not wanting to leave Asian to get trampled, hating crowds enough as it was.  He just danced there excitedly, having little blonde renegades grind up on him. He didn't care, this was The Sounds. THE SOUNDS. From Sweden!

I yell to Asian "I'm taking him closer!" He nods, I grab Queers hand, and bolt my damndest towards the front. Elbows flying, everyone going off balance- packed in there tighter than a whore's tits on Black Friday.  No idea what that means. Just made it up. Go with it.  Anywho, I get nasty looks but like I care- I'll never see them again.  I have to get him closer. We did NOT drive all the way to Salt Lake for some shitty pictures!! We were three persons away from the stage, the singer flashing us in all her glory.  My shoving momentum had people off balance and forced to shove back and back and forth and back and forth until it got violent- oh shit guy. I started a mosh pit.  Crazy faux-hawkin ging coming from a bum-middle-of-no-where college started a mega mosh in the midst of all these 'hipsters' and 'scene' kids.  WIN.

After three or four songs we had to get out of there. I'm not even sure it was that many songs, time flew and slowed down and the motion of the mosh never stopped all the while. We needed hydration. The little Asian had come into the mob and was getting thrown left and right. Had we three not been linked so well, he might have vanished.  We agreed to make a break for it out of there, straight back.  It was odd, you'd think people would willingly let you through going OUT to let them further IN.  Ohhhh no, not these crazies.  One blonde idiot tried shoving me back in after I gave her among a many other the rugby shoulder.

Wrong move dinky.  BAM. Elbow to the face.  I don't think she fell completely, but back a bit into guys' arms with glares.  I b-lined it out of there. We all looked back at the stage.  The sound enveloping us like sprinkles in cool whip.  Like cheesecake in strawberry sauce.  Like Potatoes in mayo.  Damn I'm hungry... can't find a good one that fits...

Enveloped.

That was when I bought the cd and got to take pictures with the other two performing groups.  We had a deadline to meet in order to get back for work and school and things.  Cj didn't get to meet his lady,  but he was happy nonetheless.  We had a quick bite on our way out and stopped by once more at Blondie's then bounced.  Queer got us out of city limits, and I drove quite a ways, going no less than 90 wanting to get back as quick as possible to catch some ZZZs before work.  We ended up shaving two hours off of our time for the trip down there. 

So much awesome packed into a 24 hour period.  Conclusion? The longer you talk about it, the less likely you are to DO it.  Oh, and never give an Asian a snack. Always, ALWAYS full meals.  This way you save yourself a million snacks. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment