Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Wish You Were Here

I thought my breaking point was the fireworks thrown at me.
I thought my breaking point was the alcohol spilled on me.
I thought my breaking point was the asshole trying to ruin my day.
I thought my breaking point was the person I want to talk to being a million miles away.
I thought my breaking point was the countless bitching to my face when all I did was smile and wait patiently.


None of these were my breaking points. 

My breaking point was a man who told me he could fix my car.
My breaking point was a man who spoke kind and soft words to me.
My breaking point was a man who put something positive in my day.

So now I sit here breaking down, saying a prayer for that kind man.
May he have a blessed week and a much better time than I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment