Thursday, September 5, 2013

Buggies and Starburst

I bought a couple VW Beetles a couple months ago. An eggshell coloured '73 and a vibrant sky blue '71 that was just a gutted shell- no insides.

Sooooo I met a guy who knew a guy, and I put the blue fenders and hood on the white beetle. Yeah. He name is Gladys and she looks like a badass. It goes without saying, she gets a lot of looks, sometimes a smile or two, and of course the classic wave-down-and-scream "I LOVE YOUR CAR!"

On a particular day, I left my Starburst in the seat of said car and when I got back in to drive, I really wanted one. They were all melty in their little packages and I was so sad, as would anyone awesome. Driving down the highway by the beach, I did the first thing that came to mind I could think of.

Held the deliciousness out the window to cool off.

Because seriously. Who just waits for Starbursts to cool off? No one can resist the magical taste, especially when you know it's just sittin there in the seat next to you.

As I'm driving and holding out my candies like Lady Liberty of Juicy Flavours, some young hippy lookin dude with his posse of other probably less-than-clean swags looks at me with an expression I can't quite describe.

Unlike the rest of his pals, he stops walking, holds in something that looks like a football stance and holds his hands wide.... but not as wide as his mouth. His expression was excited. Or maybe he peed... came a little? Either way, he goes all Breakfast Club on me and throws his fist into the air and proceeds to shout, "YEAHHH!! BEETLES AND CANDY!! WOOOOH! THROW ME SOME CANDY!"

I was long past him by then, but to the gentleman that screamed that, if I ever see you again, consider yourself pelted with candy. I went out and bought a bag just in case I ever see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment