Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yellow Hummer

This past December, I took a roadtrip with my family to the south. That was a mistake.

On the way there, we met up with some friends in Denver. The kids were about half my age. They played this game called "Yellow Car". How you played was every time you saw a yellow car, you'd call out YELLOW CAR and smack the person next to you. It was rather annoying, but you had to join to be the smacker and not the smackee otherwise it became really annoying.
I usually wasn't paying attention, hence I knew this. All the time YELLOW CAR! Smack! You could add up points every car. Then there were yellow hummers- the god of all yellow cars apparently. You get three points for each of those. Us older chaps- me and my brothers- decided to bullshit our own spin on the game. Calling out random yellow cars and hummers just to add up points. Then started the surprises.
The car would get quiet then all of a sudden "Woah did you see that?" One of the younger ones would bite. "What? Where??" One of my brothers would usually do the trick. "It was a pack of yellow hummers! Over there!" They'd look all over and never find anything of coarse.
On our way back to the north, we stopped at an Olive Garden. On our way out, this was my time. My time to prank the ones that have done it so much they didn't think they were capable of being got!
The Olive Garden was right next to the freeway. We were walking to the car, me, my brothers, mum, and my older brother's gal at the time.
"OH MY GOD! LOOK AT THAT!" I screeched.
"What?! What!?" They were frantic as if a crash happened, seeing as how I was pointing to the freeway in the evening sky.
" A WHOLE FLOCK OF YELLOW HUMMERS!" I smiled really big.
It took them just a couple of seconds before everyone burst out laughing.
"That was pretty good."Said my older brother. Never thought I'd hear that coming from him. It was glorious. I had pulled the biggest yellow hummer prank.

No comments:

Post a Comment